- 1First, turn it on.
- 2Select your language and click “Let’s go”
- 3Connect to a WiFi network
- 4Then enter your google Account details
- 5If you don’t have one click "More Options" and tap on "Create New Account."
- 6Add a profile pic using the webcam or use an icon from the list, and you’re ready to go.
Partial screenshot shortcut
- 1Hit ctrl + shift + (show all windows symbol)
- 2Then drag your cursor over the area of screen you want to capture
The search shortcut
You can search all your files, apps and the web from one place with one convenient shortcut.
- 1Just hit search
- 2Type in whatever you’re looking for.
Caps lock shortcut
- 1Chromebooks don’t have a Caps Lock button. Instead to toggle it on and off, just hit alt + (search symbol) on your Chromebook.
See all open windows
- 1Swipe up or down on the mouse pad with three open fingers.
- 2Now you can see all your open windows.
Full screenshot shortcut
- 1To take a screenshot of your entire screen just hit ctrl + (show all windows symbol)
- 2And look, there it is in the bottom right corner. You can now copy to clipboard or annotate your image.
Show all keyboard shortcuts
There are tons of shortcuts hidden inside your keyboard, Follow these instructions to discover all of them.
- 1First hit CTRL + ALT + ?
- 2Keyboard shortcut overview is now open
- 3Now try hitting “Alt,” “Ctrl,” “Shift” or “?” to learn all keyboard shortcuts available on your Chromebook.
Downloading and installing Android apps to your Chromebook.
If you didn’t know you could use Android apps on your Chromebook, you can. And downloading and installing them is fast and easy.
- 1Start by opening the Play Store App
- 2Find what you’re looking for
- 3Tap the “install” button if it’s free, or the price if it’s not.
Using guest mode
Guest mode allows anyone to use your Chromebook without logging in or being able to see any of your personal stuff.
- 1Start on the login screen.
- 2Instead of logging in with a profile, click “Browse as Guest” at the bottom of the screen.
- 3And now anyone can use your device without seeing your stuff.
Adding another account to your Chromebook
- 1Start on the login screen.
- 2Instead of logging in with your profile, click “add person” at the bottom of the screen.
- 3Then you can log in with any Google Account
- 1On your PC or Mac go to google.com/drive
- 2Login with the same account you use on your Chromebook
- 3Click the "New" button
- 4Then select a format, like "Folder upload"
- 5Select all the files you want to upload.
- 6Now login to the same account on your Chromebook and all those files will be waiting for you.
Working on files offline
- 1Open Google Drive
- 2Find the file you’d like work on and double click. Then just get working.
- 3Any changes you make will sync the next time you’re online.
Composing emails while offline
- 1First go to the Chrome Web Store
- 2Go to the Gmail Offline page.
- 3Click (ADD TO CHROME) then (ADD APP)
- 4Now open the launcher and click the Gmail Offline Extension
- 5Now anything you do offline will be ready to send as soon as you’re back online.