Help 1.8T GURUS, my DV won't open!!

dj_rzn

Reaction score
After rebuilding my engine and hybridizing my K04 turbo, the DV won't open. I assume that we did something wrong in connecting vacuum hoses.

When I disconnected the vacuum hose from DV and testing if it makes vacuum, it is very poor vacuum, almost nothing, it's like a little spoof.

Please HELP!

The guys at the service said that they tried that and the car won't stay at idle and start "bubbling".
They may be wrong? Do you see anything suspect in the photos ?

Nope, how should i do that?\
I am on my way to a service to get a direct vac line to DV. Hope it works.

As said above... vac pipe goes straight to the DV... you have a check valve in the middle of all that and its most likely that stopping it from opening... bin it off... not needed at all

Just needs a vac pipe from the bottom of the mani (left side in your pic) to the top of the DV... if its still not opening then your DV is faulty and needs replacing

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys, you are just pure gold. I am going now to solve this, I hope all sorts out. Really want to drive it tonight :)) it will make a perfect Christmas gift.

looks like you have you used a check valve left over from your N249 bypass as a T-Piece without realising its a check valve (one way valve)

I hope you are right and the DV is functional. If i disconnect the n249 and hide the plug, will the car run fine? (I don't care about the error)

I hope you are right and the DV is functional. If i disconnect the n249 and hide the plug, will the car run fine? (I don't care about the error)

You HAVE to leave it electrically connected... the fault code is one thing but fuel adaptions don't work if its disconnected and this will lead to fuelling issues... if you want to hide it then extend the wiring to route it elsewhere... I normal extend it to locate the valve under the inlet manifold

<tuffty/>

Oh, ok. I didn't know that. Thanks! I will just leave it there for now, I am thinking that the inlet manifold is getting hot and might deteriorate the cables or the N249.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys, it works like a charm finally!
Tuffty I will relocate the N249 on my next visit to service.
Merry Christmas!!